Our Clinics & Services
- General management of medical conditions
- Emergency care if appropriate
- Referral to other services eg Physiotherapy, Mental Health Team
- Urgent care eg minor injuries, for those people who are not registered at practice ie Temporary residents
- Contraceptive services including insertion and removal of Nexplanon contraceptive implant.
- Child Health Checks
- Diabetic care
- Asthma Care
- Health promotion advice
- Anticoagulation monitoring
- Ear Syringing
- Phlebotomy (blood tests)
- Maternity Services
- Cervical Screening
- Breast screening(with National programme)
- Bowel Screening (with National Programme)
- Heart Disease Screening
- Osteoporosis Screening
- Sexual Health Screening
- Well person checks
- Alcohol screening
- Post-operative Care
- Annual Health Checks(Learning Disabilities)
- Flu Clinics
- Dispensing prescriptions to patients who live further than a mile from a Pharmacy
- Choose and Book Service for referrals
Every year we organise the seasonal flu vaccination programme. This usually takes the form of clinics at Coltishall Surgery but we also vaccinate the housebound at home with the help of the Community Nursing Team. Please ring reception to make appointment or for advice about vaccination.
Coltishall Tel no. 01603 737593
Spixworth Tel no. 01603 898583
The annual seasonal flu immunistaion campaign aims to encourage take up of the vaccine by everyone age 65 and over and people of any age who have chronic diseases such as heart disease, chest problems diabetes, kidney disease etc. People who live in residential or nursing homes, people who are carers and pregnant women are also eligible.
The flu immunisation programme is also currently offered to all healthy 2-4 year olds (who are this age on 1st September 2015) by the Practice. The programme this year also includes children in school years one and two (aged 5 and 6) who will given the vaccine by the School Immunisations team.
Fluenz tetra is the vaccine which will be offered (unless this is not considered appropriate for clinical reasons) to all eligible children aged 2 - 18 years. This vaccine is given by the intranasal route and is administered through the nostrils.
- Hearing Aid Clinic - for repairs/ adjustments to your existing hearing aid. Clinics are held every 2 months.
- Sick Certification/ Statement of Fitness for Work
From the 6th April 2010 the Doctor will issue a statement of fitness for work if you have been absent from work for more than 7 days. If it is less than 7 days you will need to complete the self-certification form provided by your employer. If a certificate is required for less than 7 days a charge is payable.